Tuesday, February 7

Diary at the airport

On the flight back home, once again I picked up the book "I kiss dating goodbye" and started reading from chapter two. I briefly reflected my thoughts and actions upon the seven highly defective habits Joshua pointed out. And more importantly I took some time to think about my commitments in a relationship. The author stated the Little Relationship Principle--in his words, "the joy of intimacy is the reward of commitment". Intimacy hereof includes any form of emotional togetherness. To apply this principle, I must first define commitment in a way that is applicable to me. Joshua hasn't said a word on how commitment manifests itself till chapter four so far. But he did point out one critical issue of mine--lack of patience and how it affects the pursue of a relationship. It was a great exercise to review how much my view on relationship is reflecting God's Word or the view of the world.

Being back home implies I have lots of tasks to deal with. At work, I must finish my mid-year review ASAP. At church, I should come up with a fellowship format for the ESL students after their weekly class, in addition to my duties in the youth choir, the praise team, and my fellowship. Yea, the next bible study meeting is coming up in less than two weeks. The bible study leaders will be preparing for it soon. I did manage to practice the songs for the youth choir but I am uncertain which of the two will be sung this coming Sunday. (How typical of me!) Also I must find myself a dentist for check-up, sign up for a fitness club and an adult swimming course. A friend is about to pick me up at the airport. I've got to wrap things up here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home