Saturday, May 20

Let him be the shepherd

I was troubled last night and this morning about my own sins and disobedience to God. I thought of the bible verses chosen for our fellowship last year:
Let us go in with true hearts, in certain faith, having our hearts made free from the sense of sin and our bodies washed with clean water: Let us keep the witness of our hope strong and unshaking, for he is true who has given his word: And let us be moving one another at all times to love and good works; Not giving up our meetings, as is the way of some, but keeping one another strong in faith; and all the more because you see the day coming near. (Hebrew 10:22-25 BBE)
I got to ask myself:
  • What sets our hearts free from the sense of sin? There is not a doubt that human beings are all sinners that have fallen short of grace from our God. While some admit there is a god, some do not. While some confess their sins to God, some do not. While some think the end justifies the means, some do not. While some think it is moral to do one thing, some think otherwise. Should there be no absolute goodness, all the good deeds one does is just to fulfill the selfish sense of goodness of one's own. To the creator of all things, we all fall short of his grace, as we do not know the truth to live by it. The Lord our God is however a loving god. He would rather save us from our sins than letting us go astray. He is the key to truth. He is the one who sets our hearts free of the sense of sin.
  • What does that mean? Only he can cleanse my hearts. I must admit that I do not have the power to lord over my sins. I must willingly admit him into my heart and let only him take the throne of my life. He is my shepherd and I must follow only him in every moment of my life. He is the only key to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home