Tuesday, June 14

Above law

I have developed a habit of listening to the New Testament during my weekly long drive. I was listening to the Book of Romans on the way back home two nights ago. It was past midnight when it was playing Romans 3:31,

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

At that moment, I was driving at about 75 in a 60 zone. The verse clearly told me to abide by the law. So I began sticking close to the speed limit. In a minute or so, a car went right past me at about my old speed. And it was immediately caught by a patrol car which had been hiding on the side of the road. If I didn't slow down to the speed limit, the one that was caught would have been me. God has given me a lesson -- one that I should bear in mind. Sticking with the speed limit means a delay of 15 minutes. It's not something easy to get used to. Since He has shown me this lesson, I pray that He also gives me the needed patience and strength to live with it.

2 Comments:

Blogger rhklam said...

I think you should develop your habit further -- listening to it everyday to get more hints.

6/16/2005 7:17 PM  
Blogger Dan^2InHim said...

Ya, I am listening to Romans the three time. :)

6/17/2005 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home