Sunday, August 14

A dream about death

I had this strangest dream last night. I dreamt of being in the office of a dear friend from church. He was showing us around his company on weekend. There were only a handful of employees still in the office that day. We gathered around talking and having drinks. And one of his coworkers came in to the lounge. I wasn't sure if our presence caused any distribance for this fellow. And I asked whether most people in the company were as busy as my friend, as he often needed to work during weekend. I was asked to look around. Most of the office desks were not occupied so I got the picture. Then I went with this coworker to another room, leaving the rest of the people behind.

This person never gave me a name. But he looked so familiar -- yes, he had to be an ex-actor. He gave me a photo of a lady and asked me for a favor. I don't exactly remember what that favor was -- probably about finding her and preaching to her. I asked if that was his wife and the answer was yes. His eagerness suggested to me how much he cared for her. Then flashbacks of their past came into the picture. And I realized that she was no longer alive. I do not recall whether I did find this lady and spreaded the gospel to her.

Rather, I was overwhelmed by the thoughts of my own granny, who passed away years ago. She was the first close family member of mine to leave this world because of her age and sickness. She devotedly and superstitiously practived taoism, a belief in polytheism, for pretty much her whole life. She would chant for an hour every morning, waking up everyone. But still I have never found peace on her face. As a Christian, I do not think her practice led to salvation. Because of that, I felt very bad about not having done anything to tell her about Jesus. So somehow I entered a room and I found my granny. Before I could see her, I heard her complaints about being stuck in the room. That was my dear granny. I was finally able to see her face-to-face again! I was so glad.

In the room, unlike her last years, she was able to walk with no aid and to speak clearly. Back then, she was the only adult family member who cared for me most. There in the room she seemed to have lost that same affection (probably a normal thing for a dead person). But that didn't matter to me. I didn't even go over the whole salvation message because I presumed her would already know most of the things in her state. So I just told her that only Jesus Christ was the true savior and the only true god is the Lord. I couldn't tell how well she was getting my words but I kept repeating them, even when I was brought out of the room.

1 Comments:

Blogger rhklam said...

I had a dream about accident or death of someone last week. It woke me up in the middle of sleep.

8/15/2005 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home