Thursday, May 17

"Therein will lie your content."

Take two seconds to read the bold lines below that came from Ravi's messge "A Life that Lost Its Focus: Saul" part 2. You'll know whether God is speaking to you through it.
If you define a person in terms of what they do, that's when the existential philosophy takes over, and experience becomes the sole definition of who you are.
I remember that day as I settled before the Lord in the heavens, I wanted to make sure that never again I would try to be somebody else but only be grateful to God for making me the way He has. Follow me my friend? Be grateful to God for the way He has made you. Don’t try to be anybody else. Saul envied David and it was his downfall. As you look into your own life, are you willing to accept yourself with your weaknesses with your deprivations? And I don’t say this to be funny. Some of you may look into the mirror and wonder why God gave you the face He did. I’ve met people like that who come and sit in front of me and weep. I’ve met people who cursed the color with which they were born. I’ve talked to them. I’ve talked to students who’ve sat in my office and wept because they do not think they have the preaching skills that somebody else does and think they are not going to make it. I’ve talked to people who got a deformity that is such a deprivation and a disadvantage to them and they have wanted to clinch their fists and anger before God. One of the greatest sense of releases comes when you can lift your countenance toward the heavens and thank Him for the way He has made you and He has made you distinctively you. Do not try to be a David. Do not try to be a Moses. Do not try to be an Abraham. Do not try to be some great hero before you today. Try to be the kind of person God has made you to be. And therein will lie your content.
Praise the Lord for His Word. You may find Ravi's message here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home